On May 21, 2022, Tom Turcich completed a journey that only 10 people in the world have ever accomplished.
He walked the world – literally!
Over 7 years he traveled to 6 continents with his beloved companion, Savannah, the rescue dog. Motivated by the loss of a friend, Tom decided to live each day to the fullest and inspires others to do the same.
The World Walk: One man’s journey around the world will inspire you to start living your best life
Sometimes life throws us a curveball. For Tom Turcich, that moment happened when he was just 17 years old and lost his best friend to a tragic accident. Faced with his own mortality, Tom decided the best way to honor his friend’s life was to do something meaningful with his own. Using his heartbreak as motivation, he decided to go on a walk….around the world.
Tom spent the next eight years planning and saving, and at age 26 he started walking. Seven years, six continents, and 25,000 miles later, Tom is one of only a handful of people who have traveled around the world on foot. In this exciting keynote program, Tom will share the adventures he and Savannah the Dog had as they walked around the world. Through stories, photos, and humor, Tom shares the important life lessons he learned by exploring the world at a slower pace. From getting sick in the Andes to falling in love, learn how Tom found his inner strength during the most challenging parts of his travel – and why finding this strength in ourselves is key to living a meaningful life.
Key Speech Themes:
- Inspirational & Motivational
- Perseverance, Determination & Resilience
- Personal Leadership
- Overcoming Adversity
In this keynote program, you will learn:
- How rethinking the concept of time can help jumpstart your biggest goals
- Why having a good plan is key to accomplishing big things in life
- Why we can’t do big things in life without help – we need each other!
- Why exercising your body and mind can help clear the way for new solutions to old problems
- How doing hard things can strengthen your resilience in the face of life’s challenges
- How traveling helps us see our lives, and the world, from a new perspective
- How to get out of your comfort zone and open yourself up to new and exciting experiences
For Media, Press & Speaking Inquiries, please contact my manager, Kelly Bjorseth with Upside Speakers